Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Job Interview

Finding a job is the toughest thing in the world. I have been there and done that. I am so eager to work but sometimes it doesn't come my way or should I say, the opportunity is not for me. I usually look for an accountancy jobs because with the capacity and ability that I have, I will fit best on this field. You might ask why accounting? It is simple, I graduated as Management Accounting and I am more expose to accounting work as well as managing, that's why I always look for a job that suites my knowledge and learning.

The most scariest part for me on job hunting is the interview. I don't know but sometimes I don't have the confidence in me in facing the big bosses of the company that I'm qualified. But at the same time I have learned that acting this way won't do good on me and will just end up zero or jobless because of this attitude. You can't blame me though because I'm nervous. I usually screwed up or blank when I am being asked for something that I am not prepared to answer back. But I can easily overcome it. What I do is, pose for a few minutes, smile while thinking for an answer then talk. It is important to have an eye to eye contact when answering the questions being asked and talk fluently and clearly.

With the experiences that have, the most common questions that are asked during the interview are the following: Tell me about yourself? Why do you want this job? Why have you chosen this company among any other company? What do you expect when you are hired? What does the company will expect from you? Why do we hire you? And what's your advantage among other applicants? Questions like this are expected and I can answer it 100% with confidence. I have also learned from all the interviews that I have is to believe in yourself because anything is possible when you have the guts to conquer everything. For sure you will get what you want.

Just think that nobody is perfect. Each one of us are scared and have weaknesses in dealing with other people but we just have to think that it is a matter of being you and fulfilling your goals in life. And most of all, in order to handle your interview as good as you can, pray before you go. Ask the Almighty God's guidance and everything will be okay.

No comments: