Tuesday, October 28, 2008

MY SSN WILL BE HERE IN TWO WEEKS TIME

Yesterday, my husband and I went to the Social Security Office to apply for my Social Security Number under my married name. We didn't applied for it a few weeks after when I got here in the states so that we won't be changing my name anymore once we got married but unluckily SSA staff had told us that they can't give me my SSN 'til I have my resident certificate, what the heck is going on. My husband was pissed because we research everything about this. That we can still file for my SSN after we got married as long as my I-94 is not yet expired but still we didn't had my SSN yesterday. As soon as we got home, my husband searched for the information we had read, stating that I can get my SSN without having my resident certificate yet. We printed it out and presented it to them this morning. Thank God we were able to get this things done today. They didn't say anything and had processed my application immediately. I will be receiving my SSN two weeks from now and were happy about our accomplishment. We were just laughing and recalling what they've said yesterday. Everything went well today. We accomplished something and at the same time we spent more time with each other.

No comments: