Saturday, October 04, 2008

FLEA MARKET DAY!

Yesterday, my parents in law have decided to sell some stuff at the flea market. I wasn't suppose to go with them because I'm still tired and have informed mom already but dad and my behalf have insisted that I must go and they didn't buy my reason on just staying at home,so I decided to go. I was excited too because it's my very first time to join this such event. We woke early,getting things set and ready to leave. The weather was so cold,well for me I guess because I'm still adjusting to their climate but in the middle of the day it was getting hot. I had fun of what we did. Well, honestly i didn't do anything aside from helping them unloading the items to sell and the rest I was just watching and observing what they are doing. Since I got here,I'm still shy to do things but sooner or later I'll get use to it. So my day went well, I had fun,met new friends,learned another thing and it was a great experienced. I am looking forward to do that again but hopefully I will be able to participate already. Hope everyone had a great day today..

Just an information about FLEA MARKET :

A flea market or swap meet is a type of bazaar where inexpensive or secondhand goods are sold or bartered. It may be indoor or outdoor. The term originated from the observation that buyers and sellers are as active as fleas or because the original people and goods were infested.

Many flea markets have food vendors, and may be associated with carnivals or concerts.Some have become infamous as outlets for bootleg movies and music or knockoff brand clothing, accessories, or fragrances.

The original flea market may be the Marché aux puces of Saint-Ouen, Seine-Saint-Denis, in the northern suburbs of Paris. It is a large, long-established outdoor bazaar, one of four in Paris. From the late 17th century, the makeshift open-air market in the town of Saint-Ouen began as temporary stalls and benches among the fields and market gardens where ragpickers exchanged their findings for a small sum.

Some television shows focus on the appraisal of second hand goods often found at flea markets that are worth far more than the buyer paid. The most popular of these shows is Antiques Roadshow in the United Kingdom, which led to American, Canadian, Swedish and Dutch versions of the show.


No comments: