Friday, March 13, 2009

New website unveiled

Glenn Beck unveiled his new website, The 912 Project, on his show earlier tonight. The website is dedicated to helping people find others who share our principles and values. Read about it below and see the 9 Principles and 12 values at the core of this movement. We also have the video from Beck’s You Are Not Alone Show below.

Unite or Die
The 912 Project

It seems so simplistic to outline the principles and values that we, as Americans, live by. Yet, in the world as it has become recently, it has seemed to become necessary to actually take a look at what our core beliefs are.

I think that over the years, we have gotten fat, lazy and way too comfortable. I think that Americans have forgotten what its like to have to be uncomfortable or to have to struggle. We’ve forgotten that the entire world doesn’t live the way we live. We think we are sacrificing if we decide to stay at the Holiday Inn instead of the Hilton. When I read what people write about life during the Great Depression, I realize we don’t know what hardship is. When I read what people write about life during World War II, I realize we don’t know what its like for our nation to be at war. We aren’t making sacrifices, just the few who have gone to war have sacrificed for us. The rest of us have gone on with life as usual and have prospered.

We have so much prosperity that we have come to believe that is the norm. We have forgotten how to put others before ourselves. We have forgotten how to put our country before ourselves. We are selfish and petty and spoiled.

With the events of the past year, I think many of us have stepped back for a minute and looked at what has been happening around us. It is frightening to look at. Taking our freedom and prosperity for granted has put us on the verge of losing it all. We need to step back and go back to our core values.

Glenn Beck held a forum earlier tonight that we live blogged here. He thesis is that we need to remember we are not alone, we are not surrounded, in fact … We Surround Them. He laid out his list of nine principles and twelve values that are the core of our belief system. I’ve listed them below. They seem so commonsensical that it seems odd to have to list them. But apparently we do need to.

During his special he introduced his new website, The 912 Project. He describes it as a place for like-minded people to come together for reassurance that they are not alone. As Beck pointed out in his show, we have to support each other, we need to Unite, or Die.

The 12 Values:

  • Honesty
  • Reverence
  • Hope
  • Thrift
  • Humility
  • Charity
  • Sincerity
  • Moderation
  • Hard Work
  • Courage
  • Personal Responsibility
  • Gratitude

The Nine Principles

  • 1. America is good.
  • 2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
  • 3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
  • 4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
  • 5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
  • 6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
  • 7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
  • 8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
  • 9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

No comments: