Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My penchant for Asian horror movies

Guest post written by Walter Baldwin

Some of my favorite movies are Asian horror movies. But I live in America and only know the English and Spanish language so I have to rely heavily on the Internet to learn about upcoming releases.

I also live in a small town so I read a lot of horror movie blogs and stream most movies on Netflix because the only movie theater that we have here rarely plays brand new releases, unless they’re made by Disney or star Will Ferrell. With such little resources, it’s especially important that I find a good internet connection at a good price. I relied on dial-up for a while, but researched satalite internet iowa and came across blue wireless internet. I switched over and have been able to re-watch some of my favorites again at a much better streaming quality like Takashi Miike’s “Audition,” which is probably one of the grossest movies ever. But it doesn’t just rely on gross-out scenes. It truly is scary. My obsession with the region’s horror genre started because of a horror class I took in college and I’ve just found it increasingly interesting since then.

1 comment:

Risma Hutabarat said...

Oh...I'm a huge fan of horror movie too (lol) My favorite one is still "The Ringu" Perfect!

Risma