Thursday, August 20, 2009

Lotto Winner Unchanged by Money

A Central Kentucky woman who won $200,000 in a Powerball drawing two weeks ago was playing again for Wednesday's $250 million jackpot - but Liz Ison tells ABC 36 News she wonders if winning all that money might be too much trouble.

Ison works at the Harrodsburg Herald, and says she has no plans to go part-time or give it up. She says she regularly plays Pick 3 and scratch-off games, and wouldn't have played Powerball that evening if she hadn't won a dollar with a scratch-off ticket.

"I told my husband, 'I won $200-thousand,' and he said, 'Honey, don't get excited, you haven't won that much.' He said just go to the store and see. So I walked into the store and they told me they had a $200,000 Powerball winner and I said, "Well, it was me.'"

Ison says she banked the money that day and later put it into certificates of deposit for her granddaughters, Hailey and Monica. She said she would probably use a bit of it for the food bank she began at Harrodsburg's Centennial Baptist Church.

"There's nothing I need," she said with a smile. "I'm just me like I was before I won it."

No comments: