Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Halloween Shopping Expedition

This guest post from Alice Wall

October has arrived. The air is crisp, the leaves are changing, and Halloween is just around the corner. My house is decorated with Jack-o-Lanterns, witches, skeletons, and other spooky visages. There are horror movie marathons on TV which have been causing me to stay up way past my normal bed time. My favorite holiday is in full swing. The only thing left to do is go costume shopping! Today, a particularly chilly and blustery October Sunday, my girlfriend and I got ready, armed our home security system( ADT Home alarm online offer), and headed to the Halloween Superstore. We both love to dress up and spend Halloween night entering costume contests and painting the town. This year my costume will be Tony Montana from Scarface and she's planning on dressing as a Flapper from the 1920's. We should look like quite the pair! We're looking for a hat to compliment my costume and a fluffy red scarf for hers. After finding what we're looking for, we spend well over an hour pouring over the other merchandise. I even add a couple of items to my already monstrous collection of Halloween decorations.

When we have our fill of shopping, we head back home so we can try on the costumes to make sure things look like we want because you only have one chance to get it right. Once Halloween is gone, it's gone. And so is the Halloween Superstore.

No comments: