Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Exercising During Pregnancy

Since my D-Day is fast approaching, I become aware with the recommended pregnancy exercises. I think it's a bit late but oh well I can still do it anyway..Lol..Honestly, I am very lazy when it comes to do some exercise. I think the only exercise that I have during this pregnancy is going to the mailbox and get the mail..LOL! I know it is necessary for me and the baby but sometimes I just don't feel like doing it, especially with the weather now,Oh my! could hardly stand outside for a long time. My first trimister was very rough, my second trimister was okay and I am on my third trimister now which is a bit hard to move around. I won't promise though but I will get my butt to do some exercise til my D-day comes. I know my husband will laugh at me about this because his been telling me to at least move around which I did for quite sometimes..Lol..

I did some reading on the web and found some interesting topic about pregnancy exercises. I even play a video from youtube from a pregnant lady doing her routine exercise. That was amazing and it really helps a lot I guess. This is what I've found out on the article that I was reading a while ago.

Benefits of Exercising During Pregnancy

No doubt about it, exercise is a big plus for both you and your baby (if complications don't limit your ability to exercise throughout your pregnancy). It can help you:

  • feel better. At a time when you wonder if this strange body can possibly be yours, exercise can increase your sense of control and boost your energy level. Not only does it make you feel better by releasing endorphins (naturally occurring chemicals in your brain), appropriate exercise can:
    • relieve backaches and improve your posture by strengthening and toning muscles in your back, butt, and thighs
    • reduce constipation by accelerating movement in your intestine
    • prevent wear and tear on your joints (which become loosened during pregnancy due to normal hormonal changes) by activating the lubricating fluid in your joints
    • help you sleep better by relieving the stress and anxiety that might make you restless at night

  • look better. Exercise increases the blood flow to your skin, giving you a healthy glow.
  • prepare you and your body for birth. Strong muscles and a fit heart can greatly ease labor and delivery. Gaining control over your breathing can help you manage pain. And in the event of a lengthy labor, increased endurance can be a real help.
  • regain your pre-pregnancy body more quickly. You'll gain less fat weight during your pregnancy if you continue to exercise (assuming you exercised before becoming pregnant). But don't expect or try to lose weight by exercising while you're pregnant. For most women, the goal is to maintain their fitness level throughout pregnancy.
Upon reading this article, I was kinda guilty that I didn't do my part. With the stage that I'm at right now, it might be late for me to get started, but oh well, I can always try. But I am glad to find this kind of article that made me aware on the benefits of exercise.

2 comments:

Risma Hutabarat said...

I hope everything is okay with your pregnancy, dear

Risma

Eric said...

Hi, ur blog is really nice and interesting, I have bookmark it & anxiously waiting for ur new post. I just wanna suggest that u should go for blog advertising & marketing. There is a website called Blogerzoom.com which is offering very unique features at affordable prices. The Expert advertising team of blogerzoom will promote ur blog plus affiliate ads through all over the network, all u have to do is choose a pack plus pay affordable prices and rest leave it to blogerzoom advertising team to promote ur blog in every networks and see how u enjoy a lots of quality traffic plus good readers to ur blog.