When my husband was still in the Navy as well as my father in law, they mentioned to me about Asbestos. Of course, I did not know what it is. I just knew the rest of it when we file for his benefits as a veteran of the state. One question there, are you exposed on Asbestos when you were still in the military. My husband checked yes because he lost his sense of hearing because of that. To further the explanation about asbestos, here are some great information for us. is a set of six naturally occurring silicate mineral exploited commercially for their desirable physical properties.
They all have in common their asbestiform habit, long, thin fibrous crystals. If you inhale it, it can cause serious illnesses, including malignant lung cancer or mesothelioma. Long exposure to high concentrations of asbestos fibers is more likely to cause health problems, as asbestos exists in the ambient air at low levels, which itself does not cause health problems. It is really scary to hear about all this but we are lucky enough to know the details to prevent it a lot faster and early enough to avoid serious illness in the future. I am glad that my husband was treated right away and now free from this said asbestos because it gotten worst.
It always helped when you had someone in the family who got expose because it is a learning lesson for everybody and we will be more aware on our surroundings. In able to know about this, you can also take the asbestos survey. There it could give you much more information and you will also know if you are already expose to the said substance. Talking to a survivor or talking to a consultant who is an expert on determining an asbestos victim is a great help. This is the opportunity to be aware earlier in the process of stopping it before it really affects your health so bad.