Sunday, July 25, 2010

A loud night owl

Guest post written by Loretta Tate

I’ve always been a night owl but my husband grew up on a farm where he literally had to get up at the crack of dawn to milk cows. I’m not even kidding.

Unfortunately we’re both stuck in our ways and that’s been a problem since we were married 50 years ago. A lot of nights I’ll stay up later than him and watch late-night talk shows in the living room while he’s sleeping in our bedroom. I’ve had a bit of hearing loss over the years and he hasn’t so it’s bothered him some and even waken him up a few times.

This last time he said that there was no need for that TV to be that loud just so I should get a hearing test. I obliged him, really because I didn’t want to hear that sermon again. Although I knew that he was probably right, after all.

So I went in for one and ended up getting a miracle ear hearing aid.

I haven’t stopped watching TV late at night but at least now it doesn’t disturb my husband.

No comments: